VIENNA HOTELS ONLINE - VHO
Hotels in Mariahilferstrasse (Westbahnhof)
Vienna Hotel Guide:
Hotels by Stephansplatz
Hotels in Mariahilferstrasse (Westbahnhof)
Hotels near Südbahnhof
Hotels near Schönbrunn
Hotels categorised by districts
Cheap hotels in Vienna
Pet friendly hotels
Hotels with air conditioner
Hotels for handicapped people
Hotels offering free parking
Internet in the hotel
Hotel with waterbed
Family friendly hotels
Hotels in greenbelt
Hotels in the city centre
Searching for accommodation
Vienna City Guide:
Museums Quartier Vienna
Spanish Riding School
Vienna International Airport
Distances from Vienna
The Viennese Beisl
Using the Internet in Vienna
Public transport in Vienna
Taxi in Vienna
Where to go shopping?
Sightseeing by carriage
Vienna - UNESCO World Heritage Site
Austria Tourist Guide:
Austrian provinces and capitals
Hotel categories in Austria
Salzburg - UNESCO World Heritage Site
Skiing in Austria
Travelling by Train in Austria
Mariahilfer Strasse - The Shopping Street of Vienna|
Mariahilfer Strasse is the main shopping street in Vienna, and the longest shopping street in Europe. It stretches from the Museums\' Quarter (Museumsquartier, 7th district) to the Technical Museum of Vienna (Technisches Museum Wien, 15th district). The "better" part of the street is the section between the Museums\' Quarter and the Western Railway Station (Westbahnhof). Not only is it within walking distance of the State Opera, Albertina Museum, Hofburg Palace, Kärntner Strasse, Graben and Stephansplatz, but it also has lots of restaurants, shops, cafés and parking houses.
If you are looking for accommodation in Miariahilfer Strasse, you should consider the following options:
1) Hotel-Pension Continental is a 4-star pension at the Gerngross Shopping Center, offering single, double, triple and family rooms. In addition, this pension also has private apartments for short-term rent in the neighboring street. You can take a look at these apartments here: Continental Apartments.
2) Just across the corner, you will find Hotel Corvinus, which is also a 4-star hotel, but its rooms are more spacious and fully renovated. This hotel also has some bedroom+living room+kitchen apartments on the top-floor of the building. The room rates are about 10-15% higher than at Hotel-Pension Continental, but you will definitely get 30% more comfort...
3) As you move towards the Westbahnhof on the right side, you will find Pension Arian, which is managed by a Persian family. The rooms are decorated in beautiful Persian style with green tones, and they are very-very spacious. The building of the pension has a renovated, antique elevator!
4) Moving another 100 meters towards the railway station on the same side, you will find K&T Boardinghouse 1. This is a private guesthouse on the third floor of the building (no elevator), with well-equipped and spacious rooms. The family which owns the guesthouse also resides here, so you will get non-stop assistance during your stay. They also offer 5 additional rooms on the other side of Mariahilfer Strasse: K&T Boardinghouse 2.
5) On the same side as K&T Boardinghouse 2, you will find the 4-star Hotel Kummer, which is a large hotel with 95 rooms and a restaurant. It offers standard rooms and superior rooms. The superior rooms are renovated and look a lot better...
6) Pension Hargita is a family-run pension, 100 meters from K&T Boardinghouse 1 towards Westbahnhof, on the 1st floor of a building. Please note that this building has no elevator, and some of the rooms are located on the second and third floors. In return for walking the stairs, you will get the cheapest rooms in the area.
The above hotels and pensions are all located directly on Mariahilfer Strasse. In this area, we\'d also recommend you to take a look at the following hotels in the nearby streets:
7) Hotel Fürst Metternich is located in Esterházygasse, 100 meters from Mariahilfer Strasse.
8) Hotel Viennart is located in Breite Gasse, 200 meters from Mariahilfer Strasse.
9) Hotel Pension Kaffeemühle is located in Kaiserstrasse, 100 meters from Mariahilfer Strasse, very close to the Westbahnhof.
Now we have arrived at the Westbahnhof. Here you can find the following hotels: 10) Hotel Mercure Europaplatz and 11) Westbahn Hotel Wien Am Europaplatz.
Tel: +43 1 253 0033
Fax: +43 1 253 0034
All rights reserved.